Xiaomi is a new laptop brand in the laptop industry or space, but Xiaomi has got great success in the laptop space after releasing Mi Notebook 14.
Today in this article, we will see the Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 review. In total, Xiaomi has 6 variant laptops under Rs 60,000.
Xiaomi has Mi notebook 14 e-Learning Edition, Mi notebook 14 (256 GB), Mi Notebook 14 (512GB), Mi Notebook (Nvidia MX 250 graphics card), Mi Notebook 14 Horizon (Nvidia MZ 350 graphics card), and Mi Notebook (i7 processor).
If you are searching to buy a Mi laptop under 40000, then Mi Notebook 14 (512GB) is one of the best option to pick.
Xiaomi has recently released the e-learning laptop edition for students. This laptop is useful for online classes and online exams.
Now lets see the Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 review,
Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 Review
|Mi Notebook 14 (e-Learning)||i3 Processor||Buy Now At Amazon|
|Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon)||256 GB SSD||Buy Now At Amazon|
|Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon)||512 GB SSD||Buy Now At Amazon|
|Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon)||512 GB SSD and Nvidia MX 250||Buy Now At Amazon|
|Mi Notebook 14 Horizon||512 GB SSD and Nvidia MX 350||Buy Now At Amazon|
|Mi Notebook 14 Horizon||i7 Processor and Nvidia MX 350||Buy Now At Amazon|
Also Read: 20 Best Laptops Under Rs 40,000
Firstly, We will see the Mi Notebook 14 Non Horizon Edition review and specifications,
Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 Review (256 GB)
Before buying any laptop, we have to see Display size, Resolution, Processor, Processor speed, Memory, Storage, Battery life, Weight, Audio, and Graphics card.
After reading this post about Mi Notebook 14 review, you will get all knowledge to buy a Mi laptop or any other laptop.
You can buy any laptop, but before buying you need to check the above specifications. Now we will see the full specifications for Mi Notebook 14 (256 GB),
Mi Notebook 14 (256 GB) Specifications:
1. Display size:
As we come to Mi Notebook 14 (256), it has a display size of 14-inch. The display size is more than enough for normal users.
All Mi laptops have only a 14-inch display size. If you need a 15.6-inch display size, then you can go with other laptop brands like HP, Dell,……………
If you are interested in only Mi Notebook 14 series then you have to compromise in display size.
Screen resolution is also important in laptops. You must also check screen resolution before buying.
After Mi Notebook 14 review, we noticed that all the Mi laptops have (1920X 1080 ) Full HD screen resolution.
Some laptops have (1280 × 720 ) HD screen resolution. The Full HD resolution has better video quality than the HD resolution.
So better to prefer (1920X 1080 ) Full HD screen resolution on other laptops also.
The processor plays a key role in laptop performance. So if a laptop has a better processor, then it has better performance.
As we come to gaming, the processor performance is the most important thing in gaming performance and handling.
All non-horizon Mi laptops have an intel core i5 processor, but one of the Mi horizon laptop has an intel core i7 processor.
For gaming and editing purposes, the i7 processor gives better performance than the i5 processor. So if anyone is interested to buy a laptop for gaming, then better to prefer the i7 processor laptop.
The i5 processor can handle up to medium level gaming and editing.
4. Processor speed:
The processor speed also matters in laptop performance and speed. Having more processor speed helps to give quick and better performance.
The processor speed determines how quickly the CPU initiates the instructions.
After Mi Notebook 14 review we have found that all Mi non horizon laptops has 1.6 GHz processor speed.
But the Mi Notebook 14 horizon laptop with an i7 processor has a 1.8 GHz processor speed, which is a little bit more quick performance than a 1.6 GHz processor speed.
Generally, all Mi Notebook 14 series laptops have 8 GB RAM. The RAM also matters in laptop performance and multi-tasking.
The 8 GB RAM is sufficient for normal usage and normal gaming usage. For heavy gaming, you must need 16 GB RAM rather than 8 GB RAM.
The storage really matters for office users and students. But most people thought that some laptops have a 1TB HDD which twice the storage than Mi laptops.
Mi Notebook laptops don’t have any HDD storage all Mi laptops have SSD storage capacity. As we compared with storage, the 1 TB HDD has more storage capacity than 256 GB SSD and 512 GB SSD.
But as we compared with speed and performance SSD performs well than HDD. The HDD has moving parts to store data in it, but SSD has chips to store data.
The SSD uses less battery power than HDD, the SSD is quick than HDD, the SSD doesn’t lose any data if the laptop was dropped, but in HDD when the laptop was dropped if any moving parts in HDD were damaged, then we cannot recover data.
The laptop will get heat if you are using HDD storage. So for gamers also better to take SSD storage than HDD storage.
7. Battery life:
Office users mainly need good battery life laptops. All most all Mi laptops will give you a battery life of Up to 10 hours.
For any type of users 8 to 10 hours battery life is needed. Some laptops have battery life up to 12 hours and 15 hours.
If you need more battery life, then better to go with those laptops than Mi laptops.
So many users ignore the weight of the laptop. Before buying a laptop, you have to check the weight of the laptop and choose the less weight laptop.
On an average, all Mi laptops have 1.5Kg weight. If you buy other brand laptops, then before buying check the weight of the laptop.
Audio quality is also important in any laptop. The Audio quality is matters when you are watching a movie or listening to songs.
After Mi Notebook 14 review, we found that all Mi laptops have Stereo speakers with DTH Audio processing. Before buying any laptop ones check the speakers or audio description.
10. Graphics Card:
The Graphics card is mainly useful for gamers or game lovers. Having the best graphics card will give the gaming experience more realistic and attractive.
If you are a game lover better to choose a high graphic card laptop for better graphics and game experience.
And the graphics card is really doesn’t matter for normal users, students, and office users. The normal graphics card is more than enough for the above types of users.
Difference between Mi Notebook 14 non horizon laptops:
|Laptops||Mi Notebook 14 (e-Learning)||Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon)||Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon)||Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon)|
|Processor||Intel core i3 processor||Intel core i5 processor||Intel core i5 processor||Intel core i5 processor|
|Storage||256 GB SSD||256 GB SSD||512 GB SSD||512 GB SSD|
|Graphics card||Intel UHD Graphics||Intel UHD Graphics||Intel UHD Graphics||Nvidia MX 250|
|Price||₹ 34,999||₹ 41,999||₹ 43,999||₹ 48,999|
These are the main differences between Mi notebook 14 non-horizon laptops. Rather than these other, all specifications are the same. After Mi Notebook 14 review we found these differences in specifications.
For those who are searching for the best laptops under 40000 for online classes and exams, then Mi Notebook 14 (e-Learning) laptop is best.
If you use a laptop for multi-tasks and some heavy use then better to choose Mi notebook 14 with an i5 processor and 512 GB SSD storage.
If storage really doesn’t matter for you then you can buy a Mi notebook 14 with an i5 processor and 256 GB SSD storage.
If you use a laptop for medium-level gaming then you can buy a Mi notebook 14 with an i5 processor, 512 GB SSD storage, and Nvidia MX 250 graphics card.
Mi Notebook 14 (e-Learning) Pros and Cons:
- Best budget laptop for students under Rs 40,000.
- The 2.10 GHz processor speed is good.
- The SSD storage is better than HDD storage.
- 10 hours battery life is good at low price.
- The i3 processor is not sufficient for all users.
- 256 GB SSD storage is not sufficient for most people.
- This laptop isn’t handling gaming every well.
- The 14-inch display is a bit small display size.
Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon) 256 GB Pros and Cons:
- Best budget laptop around Rs 40,000.
- Xiaomi offers the i5 processor at a low price.
- The 10 hours of battery life is excellent.
- 8 GB RAM is one of the best features of the Mi notebook 14 laptops.
- The 256 GB SSD storage is not sufficient for most people.
- 1.6 GHz processor speed is a bit slow as compared with Mi notebook 14 (e-Learning) edition.
- The webcam is not inbuilt, this makes me some irritated that placing and removing of webcam.
- The Xiaomi offers, office 365 has only one month Trial subscription
Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon) 512 GB Pros and Cons:
- Best budget laptop under Rs 50,000.
- The 512 GB SSD storage is sufficient for most of the people.
- The 10 hours of battery life is sufficient for office users.
- This laptop can handle up to medium level gaming.
- The 14-inch display size is a bit small.
- The webcam video quality needs some improvement.
- 1.6 GHz processor speed is a bit slow as compared with Mi e-Learning edition laptop
- Mi Notebook 14 has only a one-month subscription to office 365.
Mi Notebook 14 (Non-Horizon) Nvidia MX 250 Pros and Cons:
- The Nvidia MX 250 graphics card is best under Rs 50,000.
- Best laptop for gamers or gaming people.
- Battery life up to 10 hours is excellent.
- DTS audio quality is also good and loud.
- The webcam video quality needs some improvement.
- The 14-inch display size is a bit small size.
- The processor speed is low which is 1.6 GHz.
- The webcam is not inbuilt, we need to implant it when we need a webcam.
Difference between Mi Notebook 14 Horizon Laptops:
|Laptops||Mi Notebook 14 (Horizon)||Mi Notebook 14 (Horizon)|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 processor||Intel Core i7 processor|
|Price||₹ 51,999||₹ 59,999|
The main difference between these two Mi notebook 14 horizon laptops is processor. The all other specifications are same.
After the Mi notebook 14 review, we will recommend the i7 processor for those who are interested to buy a laptop for gaming and editing purposes.
Mi notebook 14 horizon laptop with i7 processor is one of the best option for gamers under Rs 60,000.
Mi Notebook 14 (Horizon) Nvidia MX 350 Pros and Cons:
- The weight of the laptop is 1.35 Kg which is lightweight as compared with non-horizon laptops.
- The Nvidia MX 350 Graphics card is best for gamers and game lovers for the best experience.
- 10 hours of battery life is excellent.
- The 512 GB SSD storage is sufficient for most of the people.
- The webcam is not inbuilt, this is a bit disappointing.
- 14-inch size of the laptop is small.
- Webcam video quality is average.
- No finger print lock.
Mi Notebook 14 (Horizon) i7 Processor Pros and Cons:
- The Mi notebook 14 with an i7 processor is one of the best options for gamers.
- The Nvidia MX 350 graphics card is the best graphics card for game lovers.
- The 10 hours of battery life is one of the best option.
- The 1.8 GHz processor speed is good.
- The 8 GB RAM is a bit sluggish for heavy gaming, other brand laptops offer 16 GB RAM at this price range.
- Webcam video quality is not good, it’s average.
- The 14-inch display size of the laptop is small.
Mi Notebook 14 User Review
Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 is one of the best laptop at Rs 48,999. After 1 month review of Mi Notebook 14, we have written this post.
Product SKU: JYU4243IN
Product Brand: Xiaomi
Product Currency: Rupee
Product Price: ₹48,999.00
Price Valid Until: 2020-11-14
Product In-Stock: InStock
FAQ’s On Mi Notebook 14 Review:
1. Which Mi laptop is best?
Ans: For normal users, office users, and students Mi notebook 14 with i5 processor and Intel UHD graphics card laptop is sufficient.
For gaming and editing purposes Mi notebook 14 with an i7 processor is one of the best laptop.
2. How much battery life does Mi laptop will give?
Ans: All Mi laptops will give on an average 8 hours battery life according to your usage.
3. Can RAM be upgraded in Mi notebook 14?
Ans: No. There is no chance to upgrade 8 GB RAM in Mi notebook 14.
4. Is MI notebook 14 good for video editing?
Ans: After the Mi notebook 14 review, we found that you can do any type of video editing in Mi notebook 14 horizon edition with an i7 processor.
Editing a video in Mi notebook 14 non-horizon with i5 processor is a bit lag and sluggish, but this laptop can handle light video editing without any lags.
For heavy video editing, you must go with Mi notebook 14 horizon edition with an i7 processor.
5. Is 8 GB RAM enough for video editing?
Ans: Yes, 8 GB RAM is enough for video editing for video projects with full HD quality (1080p).
If you are doing video editing for 4k videos, then you may need 16 GB RAM instead of 8 GB RAM.
6. Is Mi Notbook 14 is good for programming?
Ans: Yes! Mi Notebook 14 is good for programming. Mi Notebook 14 has a battery life up to 10 hours.
After reviewing the Mi notebook 14 series laptops, we found the above major details and differences between them.
So after reading this post you may completely be understood all Mi notebook 14 features and specifications.
If I made any mistakes in this post, then please report in the comment section below, so I will never repeat that mistake again.
If you like this post then try to share this post with your friends and family members to reach more people.
My name is Krishna, and I am the founder of the Vilesolid.com website. This website mainly focuses on Earn money online, Hosting details, Blogging information, Affiliate information, and AdSense approval tricks and tips.